The Profit Explorer cut our budgeting time to a fraction of what it was. We now spend more time leading, selling and profiting.
Kent Porter, Porters Building Centers
What is it?
The Profit Explorer System is both proprietary software and a service. The software is capable of making the complex seem quite simple. With instant snapshots of how small changes can make large changes to your bottom line, coupled with a dynamic system for appropiating budget numbers and advertising allotments, you instantly become more aware of what it takes to achieve greater profits in your store.
The service portion of the system is the data entry, monthly reviews (to help you stay on course), and the professional "virtual round table meetings" with industry experts. The first three months of the program we meet "virtually" on a monthly basis. Thereafter, depending on progress, those meetings may occur quarterly.
The information and guidance that we have received from the "Profit Explorer" has been a tool that has made surviving these tough economic times not only easier but has helped us to prosper.
Pete Peterson, Miami Lumber Company
How it works.
- Your assigned representative enters the initial data from your year's end P&L into the Profit Explorer Software.
- We schedule a "virtual" meeting via the web to review last year's results and contrast them against industry averages.
- Together, via the virtual meeting, we suggest and discuss possible improvements and then using proprietary software we explore how your store's profit will be affected by those changes.
- Together we then examine how those changes can best be implemented.
- We will then discuss categories of expenses, noting those that need changes and begin the dynamic budgeting portion of the process.
- Once the Profit Explorer budgeting is set, the meeting over, you will be emailed your goals for the year.
- Each month as your P&L becomes available, you will forward that to us so that your representative may enter the data in to the Profit Explorer program.
- We then schedule your monthly virtual video "round table" meeting. We will review the numbers, discuss ones which were achieved and ones that were not.
- Quarterly we review the initial budget, and because it's elastic and dynamic, we can make changes to real-world occurences.
- The forecaster feature gives you a month by month snapshot of what the year's end is likely to sort out.